SPD Film -LCF-1103DHA
Hitachi Chemical's SPD Film provides exceptional comfort because it allows users to quickly control the amount of light, glare and heat passing through windows and other "SPD-Smart" products. Highlights of SPD Film sales include a very large installation in a conference room and classrooms at Indiana University.
Hitachi Chemical has developed SPD (Suspended Particle Device) Film - "LCF-1103DHA" - through a technical license agreement with Research Frontiers Inc.
*Control the transmittance of light and glare by adjusting AC voltage to the SPD Film.
*This video above is of the actual operation of SPD Film.
Example of SPD Film lamination
Widely control light transmittance
- 2 SPD Film types available (“Light” and “Dark”); Both are controllable for a wide range of transparency.
|Type||Light color||Dark color|
- Quickly switch from dark blue to clear.(Speed: 1-3s)
Variety of Shapes and Sizes
- Applicable for tall and wide surfaces, curves and small designs.
Reduce Heat Build-up From Sunlight
- SPD Film effectively helps reduce heat gain caused by sunlight.
|Clear single pane||0.72|
|SPD + Clear Glass||0.13-0.57|
- Data source is DSET Laboratories and RFI(Research Frontiers Inc.)
- Example:SHGC 0.4=40% of sun's heat enters
The lower the SHGC number shows the less heat enters.
Applicable for architectural window and partition and aircraft, marine, automobile and so on.
Office entrance (Expanded version)
Automobile, marine, aircraft use
Architectural window, electrical appliance & Partition use etc.
- Supplied by InspecTech Aero Service, Inc.
- Supplied by Research Frontiers Inc.
- Supplied by Innovative Glass Corp.
Purchasers of SPD Film must first obtain a commercial license from Research Frontiers Inc.
- Hitachi Chemical only supply SPD Film. However, if you have any questions about Bus-bar processing and license etc., please free to contact us.
- Please refer to the following URL for further details of license etc.
Before you enter any information, you need to read "About Personal Information Protection" and give your consent to the contents.
Personal information sent to the above contact addresses is not preserved by Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd., and is deleted when a reply is made to the inquiry.
Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
Marketing Center Automotive Products Business Headquarters